BCF was formed in 1978 by Bratenahl residents as a non-profit entity to exclusively serve the Village of Bratenahl. BCF is managed by its Board of Directors and welcomes Village residents to participate as a Board members or assist on special projects. BCF publishes the Lamplighter every quarter and also sponsors annual Mix/Mingle for BCF Members and Friends.
Recent BCF donations include the Village Police Department and New Avenues to Independence home on Lakeshore Drive. BCF welcomes any suggestions on potential gift recipients and special events for Village residents. BCF’s goal is to best serve the Village community through Connection, Communication and Caring.
Bratenahl Community Foundation
BCF is a non-profit corporation under Ohio law and is recognized by the IRS as a 501c(3) entity. Among the purposes of Bratenahl Community Foundation are to strengthen the educational, cultural, and environmental aspects of the community by gathering and disseminating information, sponsoring activities and events, and funding relevant projects.
What We Do:
- Publish the free quarterly newsletter titled the Bratenahl Lamplighter to all residents
- Maintain a website with up-to-date community information – bratenahlcf.org
- Give welcoming complimentary gift baskets to all new homeowners
- Support the “New Avenues for Independence” home in Bratenahl
- Support “green space” through donations to our Land Conservancy
- Provide financial support for Village Flag Fund and Eddy Road median project
How Can You Help
You can assist the Bratenahl Community Foundation by either volunteering to assist us with our various projects as a “Friend of the Foundation”, or donate tax deductible funds. Please pledge your support each year by donating to the Bratenahl Community Foundation here.
Board of Directors
President – Gregory J. DeGulis
Former President – Arlene Kemejak
Vice President and Lamplighter Editor – Tim A. Schultz
Treasurer – Lee Burtelson
Secretary – Sue Eagan
Membership Chairman – Joe Klinehamer
Member at Large – Sharon Klonowski
Member at Large – Juliann Sutton
Member at Large – Emily Drake
Member at Large – Tim O’Brien
Member at Large – Amy Klimek